ASHRAE Iowa Chapter YEA
2022 – Disc Golf Outing
- Location: Grandview Park
- Date: September 20, 2023
- Time: 5:15 PM
- 2 people per team
- No registration fee
- We will not be limiting it by age just to get better attendance (it will a regular “ASHRAE event” but sponsored by YEA)
See registration’s page to register a team!
- Gold Sponsorship: $300, option to sit at the hole and hand out beverages (beverages included in cost of sponsorship).
- Silver Sponsorship: $200 sponsors food and prize giveaways, option to give away marketing material at registration table.
- Bronze Sponsorship: $100, sponsors a hole.
Monday, April 24th, 2023
5:00pm – 7:30pm
ISU Stark Performance Center, 1828 Jack Trice Way, Ames, IA 50011
Jethro’s BBQ, 1301 Buckeye Ave, Ames, IA 50011
Please join us for the ASHRAE Iowa Chapter Student Night and Stark Performance Center tour on Monday, April 24th, 2023. The group will meet in the main lobby of the Stark Performance Center, and the tour will begin at 5:00pm. Dinner and drinks to follow at Jethro’s BBQ in Ames at 6:45pm.
ASHRAE Iowa Members – Free
Non-ASHRAE Iowa Member – $20
Students – Free
See the ASHRAE Google Calendar on the main page for the Event.
Tuesday May 9th, 2022 – 11:00 am Shotgun Start – NOTE THE START TIME!
- 4-Person Best Ball Tournament
- Dinner to follow right after Golf
- Door, Pin Event and Place Prizes after dinner
Legacy Golf Club
400 Legacy Parkway
Norwalk, IA 50211
The Legacy Golf Club
$150 – 18-holes – 1/2-cart – Dinner – One Raffle Ticket – Box Lunch
$50 – dinner (For those that only want to come to the dinner meeting)
$5 – mulligans (Limit 4 per player)
Be a Sponsor for the event!
You can sponsor during your golf team registration or right now. The earlier you sponsor, the more publicity you will get. See below for sponsorship levels and our sponsors.
- Hole – $100 – gets you a color sign at a tee box of one of the holes
- Pin Event – $250 – (Maximum of 6) also gets your name on a sponsorship list at the prize table and sponsors a pin event
- Putting Green – $500 – (Maximum of 1) also gets your name at the registration table, sponsors the main door prizes AND ALLOWS FOR SETTING UP AT A TEE BOX TO GREET GOLFERS ALL DAY.
- Clubhouse – $500 – (Maximum of 2) also gets your name at the registration table, sponsors the main door prizes AND ALLOWS FOR SETTING UP AT A TEE BOX TO GREET GOLFERS ALL DAY.
- Platinum – $750 – (Maximum of 2) also gets your name at the registration table, sponsors the main door prizes AND ALLOWS FOR SETTING UP AT A TEE BOX TO GREET GOLFERS ALL DAY.
A BIG Thank You to our 2023 Golf Sponsors:
Platinum – $750
Iowa HVAC Coalition
Clubhouse – $500
(Your name could be here)
Putting Green – $500
(Your name could be here)
Pin Event – $250
Mechanical Sales Inc.
Hole – $100
Basepoint Building Automantion
Building Management Systems
Data Power Technology
Central Sales, Inc.
Hydronic Energy, Inc.
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Mack McClain & Associates
Millennium Technology of Iowa
Rist & Associates, Inc.
Sheet Metal Contractors of Iowa, Inc.
Systems Management & Balance, Inc.
Register a team online
and pay through our secure payment system or mail a check to:
PO Box 65517 – 529 Elm St.
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Attn: ASHRAE Golf, Kevin Hart
See the Flyer for all of the information in a printable version (just don’t mail it in! Register online!)
Golf and dinner Registration Closes May 2nd (or when we reach maximum capacity).
- Payment MUST be made prior to registration closing or your spot may be given to next team on the waitlist.
- You must register online – you can mail/deliver a check, just make sure it’s in by the deadline!
When – What
Monday, April 10th
- 5:00 pm – Announcements and Presentations
- Tyson Scheidecker will present his history project
- 5:30 – 8:00 Bowling
100 Ashworth Rd.
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Free for ASHRAE Iowa Members
$20 for Non-ASHRAE Iowa Members
See the registrations page here to sign up!
Wednesday March 29th, 2023
10:30 – 11:30 – Rapid Air: Compressed Air Products (1PDH)
11:45 – 12:15 Buffet Lunch at Satellite Locations; Grubhub for virtual
12:15 – 1:15 Building Moisture Management (1PDH)
1:30 – 2:30 Acoustics – Basics of Noise Abatement (1PDH)
– Shive Hattery – 4125 Westown Pkwy #100, West Des Moines, IA 50266
– ISG – 217 E 2nd St Suite 110, Des Moines, IA 50309
10:30 – 11:30 Rapid Air – Compressed Air Products (Virtual Presentation)
RapidAir is on the cutting edge of new, industry favored materials with regard to Compressed air and its uses. Our piping, filtration, and clean air solutions are being used by some of the worlds most recognized companies. Join us for Lunch and lets have a discussion about how you can best serve your clients when they ask you to implement Air Compression Systems.
Jeff Bolt, P.E., ASHRAE DL – IMEG
12:15 – 1:15 Building Moisture Management (Virtual Presentation)
David Wright, PE Associate Principal- Acoustics, AV and Technology – IMEG
1:30 – 2:30 Acoustics (Virtual Presentation)
Free for ASHRAE Iowa members
$50 per session for non-members
Food will be provided at the satellite locations. Only will be provided a $25 GrubHub Gift Card.
Registration is open now – it will close on March 27th.
Please register online if you are attending.
Please indicate the location you will be attending the presentation by selecting the corresponding ticket.
DATE: February 22nd, 2023
5/5:30 – Social/Tour (Parking Information)
6:30- Meeting & Tech Presentation
7:30 – ISG tour
LOCATION: ISG 217 E 2nd St Suite 110, Des Moines, IA 50309
The Transition from R410a:
- Recent regulations for both efficiency changes and lower GWP refrigerants
- Refrigerant options available for different applications with pros and cons of each
- Process of implementing A2L refrigerant in equipment, including new safety tests and listing
- Some notes on servicing units with A2L refrigerants
Speaker: Patrick Chapman, Senior Engineer w/AAON:
Patrick has been with AAON for 18 years in several diverse engineering roles including sheet metal design, product engineering, managing the engineering selection software, and now a senior role supporting the application engineering and warranty groups.
ASHRAE Member: Free
Non-ASHRAE Member: $20
See the ASHRAE Google Calendar on the main page and the registrations page.
DATE: January 30th, 2023
LOCATION: Big Grove Brewery Des Moines – 555 17th St, Des Moines, IA 50309
PROGRAM: Come out and network with fellow ASHRAE members at Big Grove Brewery in Des Moines, food and drinks will be served, with the option of a Big Grove Brewery tour! Iowa Chapter Committee Chairs will give updates for the year, as well as, a pre-recorded virtual presentation from ASHRAE Society President.
See the registrations page or click here to register!
DATE: Monday December 20, 2021
TIME: 12:00 PM
LOCATION: Holiday Inn Downtown 1050 6th Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50314
PROGRAM: Julia Keen Presenting “Managing for Diversity and Inclusion”
PRESENTER: Julia Keen, Professor of Architectural Engineering and Construction Science at Kansas State University will be presenting “Managing for Diversity and Inclusion”. Diversity and Inclusion are important focuses of employers today. The advantages commonly attributed to a diverse workforce cannot be attained by simply making a few strategic hires and implementing policies. There is a need for cultural change that not only benefits the traditionally underrepresented populations but also provides a better work environment for all employees. This presentation will explain and define diversity and inclusion and provide specific management strategies that can be employed to promote positive cultural change and attract/retain a diverse workforce.
Free for ASHRAE, CSI, SMCI members
$20 for non-members
Please see the registrations page or click the link here!
DATE: Thursday November 11, 2022
TIME: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
LOCATION: Smashpark – 6625 Coachlight Dr, West Des Moines, IA 50266
REGISTRATION: No registration required and ASHRAE YEA is covering the cost.